Despite the factor that there is a vast range of flooring material available including bamboo, laminate, tile, vinyl, stone, wood, and cork—carpets remain to be on top of the list. Moreover, industry revenue has been skyrocketing and merchandizing sales of carpets/rugs rose to approx. 20.03 M Canadian dollars in December 2019. The primary reason why people prefer carpeting is that it does not require regular upkeep and maintenance as compared to hard-surface flooring options. Occasional deep-scrubbing and vacuuming are usually enough to keep your carpet fresh and clean.
Although, in spite of all your efforts, the carpet does become a victim of splashes, spills, messy accidents, and things you track in with the bottom of shoes. If you want to discover how professionals deal with these kinds of scenarios I have mentioned some top-performing Easy Carpet-Cleaning Tips and guidelines derived from commercial carpet cleaner experience in the business.
At first, determine the material of your rugs. Either they are made of natural or synthetic fibers. Then refer below to the mentioned step-by-step guide to understand which exact arrangement of ingredients is best suitable for your carpet or the stain you desire to get rid of. If you follow as stated below your carpets will be spotless and renewed.
Synthetic Carpets Cleaners
Start with dipping a piece of white cloth into prepared DIY synthetic rugs cleaners and then apply to the relevant stain. Be cautious and do not pour the mixture directly on the carpet.
- Detergent Mixture: Make a mixture with ¼ teaspoon transparent dishwashing liquid and a cup of lukewarm water.
- Vinegar Mixture: This mixture is prepared by adding a cup of white vinegar into a cup of slightly warm water.
- Solvent Mixture: For this solution, you can use an oil solvent or nail polish remover.
Natural-Fiber Carpets Cleaners
Combine these natural carpet cleaning solutions of natural fibers and then mist them onto the stain. Wait at least 5-10 minutes.
- Detergent solution: Mix one teaspoon of translucent liquid dishwashing detergents, such as Dawn or Joy, into 1 cup of lukewarm water.
- Vinegar solution: Same recipe as used for synthetic carpets.
- Ammonia solution: Take one cup of lukewarm water and add dissolve it with one cup of household ammonia.
- Solvent solution: Same formula is used to make this solution as used for synthetic carpets.
Removing Drinks & Food Stains From Synthetic-Fiber Rugs
If you want to get rid of deep and irritating stains such as wine, ketchup, chocolate, coffee, tea, beer, milk, tomato sauce, berries, hard candy, juice, soda, Gatorade, and Kool-Aid stains then follow these instructions carefully.
- Start with dipping a piece of white cloth or any colorless towel without any printing into your homemade detergent mixture. For synthetic rugs, dab it frequently and then press that cloth on the stained spot for a while. Wait for at least 15 minutes as some time is required to break such deep stains then soak up the excess liquid with a dry white cloth.
As long as you see the stain lightening, repeat these steps until it is no more.